Thousands of foreign workers arrive in the U.S. every year in search of employment. Before legally working in the U.S., workers must obtain an employment-based visa.   This process begins once a U.S. employer begins sponsoring a foreign worker.

Foreign workers in the country on employment-based visas can benefit our economy by bringing their highly specialized knowledge to a specific  fields, thus helping U.S. employers maintain a competitive advantage in the global market. However, employment-based visas are subject to a numeric limitation each year, established by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

At Wang IP Law Group, P.C. we understand the troubling issues  in applying for an employment-based visa and provide crucial solutions and resources to help clients secure the right one for them.  We work closely with clients in every step of the visa application process, from the initial filings to the actual hiring of the foreign worker. Additionally, we discuss the various options for work authorization and assist you with the documentation requirements necessary to obtain the appropriate visa to meet your business needs.

Wang IP Law attorneys are equipped to help you with your business and investment based visas including, but not limited to, the following:

  • H-1B Person in Specialty Occupation Visa- Visa to work in a specialty occupation. Requires a higher education degree or its equivalent. Includes fashion models of distinguished merit and ability and government-to-government research and development, or co-production projects administered by the Department of Defense.
  • EB-1A Visa issued for someone who has extraordinary ability in science, education, business, arts, or athletics. These individuals are typically the top 5% of experts in their field. In order to qualify, the foreign national must have a national or international award in his or her field.
  • EB-5 Visa Visa for permanent resident status to investors who have invested – or are actively in the process of investing – at least $1,000,000 (or $500,000 in a high unemployment or rural area) into a new commercial enterprise that they have established. To learn more about EB-5 Visas, click here.
  • L-1A- Intracompany Executive Transferee Visas- Visa that enables a U.S. employer to transfer anexecutive or manager from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States.  This classification also enables a foreign company which does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send an executive or manager to the United States with the purpose of establishing one.
  • L-1B Intracompany Employee Transferee Visa– Visa that enables a U.S. employer to transfer aprofessional employee with specialized knowledge relating to the organization’s interests from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States.  This classification also enables a foreign company which does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send a specialized knowledge employee to the United States to help establish one.

Wang IP Law  attorneys also  provide expert guidance to assist client with related business and investment based immigration matters.  Our services include:

  • Immigrant and non-immigrant visas
  • Business and employment visas
  • Citizenship & Naturalization
  • Permanent Residency
  • Consular Processing of Immigrants
  • I-9 Employment Compliance
  • PERM Labor Certification

For more resources, click here to see our Business & Investment Based Immigration Resource page.

Have more questions about Business & Investment Based Immigration?

Click here for our F.A.Q. page.

Wang IP Law Group, P.C. assists clients with Business & Investment Based Immigration in the Los Angeles CountyOrange CountySanGabriel ValleyRiverside CountySan Bernardino County,  San Fernando ValleySan Diego County and San Francisco and San Jose area. Our firm also provides services internationally including representing clients in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan and Israel. 

To speak with an attorney about your estate issue, contact us today at (888) 827-8880 or email us at